a traveling Wife: Turkey Day







Turkey Day

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friends!!

May your day be filled with family, friends, happiness, and full bellies.

Yesterday I shared with you my meals for this week and that included our Thanksgiving meal.
I have several requests for the recipe I use for Garlic Parmesan Crunchy Green Beans.
So I am here today with the recipe for you, just in case you are in need of another side dish!


Garlic Parmesan Crunchy Green Beans
Adapted from In Good Taste's Recipe
(Serves 10)
Ingredients:
  • 1 Garlic Clove
  • 5 ounces cubed French Baguette
  • 5 Tbs Unsalted Butter
  • 2 Tbs grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 3/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 1/2 lbs Fresh Trimmed Green Beans
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
Directions:
  • Steam green beans for about 5 min or until crisp-tender over medium-high heat in a large saucepan filled with water.
  • Drain green beans and add 2 1/2 Tbs butter, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper then set aside.
  • Add garlic and bread cubes into food processor and pulse until coarse.
  • In large skillet melt 2 1/2 Tbs butter and add breadcrumb mixture. 
  • Cook 12-14 minutes or until crisp golden brown then remove from skillet and let cool for 5 min
  • Add Parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp salt.
  • Add breadcrumb mixture to green bean mixture, toss then serve
I hope everyone has a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. These look so good!! We didn't have green beans today...I think I'm putting these on the menu when we get home, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.