a traveling Wife: Spicing Things Up - Weekly Meals







Spicing Things Up - Weekly Meals

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This week I decided to spice things up a little - in the kitchen.
Not the bedroom. Or maybe the bedroom. You decide.

I decided to throw three new meals into the meal plan for this week. 
I am hoping they all turn out well but if only one is a failure then I am happy too.

recipe below



Spaghetti Aglio
recipe found here

Orecchiette with peas and cream sauce
recipe found here

--

Tortellini & Cream Sauce with Corn and Arugula Recipe
adapted from BHG

Ingredients:

- 1 package 3 cheese Buitoni Tortellini
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 3 oz light cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 tsp each salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups torn arugula
- fresh cracked black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste

Directions:

- Cook tortellini according to package directions (reserve the starchy water for cream sauce).
- In a large skillet, melt cream cheese into cream and milk over medium-low heat until it is smooth and thick (about 8 minutes).
- Add salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, red pepper flakes and frozen corn to the skillet of cream.
- After corn has warmed (about 2-5 minutes) add cooked tortellini to skillet.
- Spoon starchy water into skillet if sauce is too thick.
- Add torn arugula, grated parmesan cheese and fresh cracked pepper onto tortellini.
- Toss then serve.

3 comments:

  1. Was the tortellini dish as good as it looks?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep making me hungry! the stir fry looks good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious!! Makes us hungry!! Seeing this reminds me that I used to lvoe to make sir-fry. It's so easy and healthy but I haven't made it in so long!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.