a traveling Wife: DIY Face Mask - Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon







DIY Face Mask - Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A simple three-ingredient face mask made out of ingredients you can find in you kitchen can help clear acne, slow down aging and brighten the skin.
--


Every once in a while I enjoy pampering myself. But since LadyBug has joined our family, I'm happy if I can catch a solo trip to the bathroom! That doesn't stop me from making a three-ingredient face mask out of kitchen staples.

DIY Face Mask - Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon | www.atravelingwife.com | a-traveling-wife

After I had LadyBug I got some gnarly acne on my face and back. Now that I am four months postpartum, I'm still dealing with the acne and I blame the huge swing of hormones that happen during and after pregnancy.
Click to tweet: Clear acne with this simple 3-ingredient face mask made out of items found in the kitchen.
There's tons of products on the market specific for those with acne but they usually contains loads of ingredients. I'm still unsure what I can use topically that is safe while nursing. So I stick to my trusty cinnamon, honey and lemon face mask because it always does the trip to heal and soothe my skin. 

DIY Face Mask - Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon | www.atravelingwife.com | a-traveling-wife

Here are how the ingredients work:

Cinnamon - can help rid skin of acne, temporarily fills in fine lines and is a gentle exfoliant

Lemon - can help even out hyper-pigmentation by brightening skin, antibacterial properties (no more blackheads), can help decrease or eliminate oily skin and is a good cleanser

Honey - naturally antibacterial (no more acne), can slow down aging with antioxidants, unclogs pores and moisturizes skin

How To Use: Mix roughly 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, quarter juiced lemon, and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply the mixture to a clean face with a cotton ball. Allow to sit on the face for at least 5 minutes.
(You may feel a tingly or burning sensation. Both of those are a result of the lemon juice and cinnamon.) Use warm water to gently massage face then rinse clean.

DIY Face Mask - Cinnamon, Honey, Lemon | www.atravelingwife.com | a-traveling-wife

Have you ever made your own face masks?
How do you deal with acne?
PIN for later.