a traveling Wife: Weekend Recap - Mölkky







Weekend Recap - Mölkky

Monday, July 13, 2015

There are two different types of people - those that are great at remembering names and those that are terrible at remember names. I am the latter individual for sure.

A and I went to one of his co-worker's house over the weekend and I was introduced to many new faces. By the end of the evening I had no idea who was who and which spouse belonged to one another. I feel like this is something I need to work on because I'm an adult. And this is what adults do, right?

Anyways.

I wanted to take a little something with me to the party because I don't like showing up empty handed. I opted for the simplest snack ever - rice krispies treats. 


I wrapped them in some wax paper and bakers twine so they could easily be eaten. Plus, gooey rice krispies on a hot summer day tend to stick to one another. This was just a fancy way of avoiding that!
Showing up with some snacks and beers didn't seem like it was going to be enough. I wanted to bring some entertainment too and brought a yard game that is new to me - Mölkky (This product was sent to me. No other compensation was provided)Mölkky is a Finnish throwing game that I think is similar to bocce or horseshoes. 

Molkky, yard game, summer

I may not be great at remember people's names but I am pretty great at yard games. I'm not going to brag but I did win both of the rounds that we played.

Molkky, yard game, summer

If you are looking for a new yard game, I highly recommend Mölkky. The game is really easy to get the hang of and you can make it extremely competitive. So much fun!

How was your weekend? Have you ever heard of Mölkky?