a traveling Wife: Embarrassed Arse Escapes







Embarrassed Arse Escapes

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Last week while my Mom was in town, we did a little wine tasting.
Okay, maybe a lot of wine tasting!

We both enjoy a glass of wine or two or three and my Mom has never been to California wine country. So, immediately after she got off of the plane I took her to one of our favorite tasting rooms.
It just so happens that I had my bimonthly wine club to pickup as well. 
What more of a reason to stop in there.

After our sixth tasting plus a few extras in there, I informed our sommelier  that I needed to pick up my wine club as well. He asked my name and looked it up in the system to pull the correct wines from the shelf. 

Let me remind you that my Mom was in town for a week and wanted to purchase some wines to enjoy at home. It made the most sense to ship a half case rather than her trying to fly with them. 

I started filling out the mailing sheet with first Purchaser - Me and then Receiver - my Mom.
I handed the form back to the sommelier to complete the order. 

He looks at me with a questionable look and I look back at him. 
He says, "I thought you said your last name was Anderson but you wrote Kroll?".

Oh Ehm Gee as I start to blush.

My maiden name is Kroll while my married name is Anderson - I have been married for over a year.
It could have either been the wine or that I was writing my Mom's name and mistakenly wrote my maiden name as well. Either way I was mortified by so thankful that the Hubs was not there.

We got that whole story straight with my new friend that probably thought I was trying to pull a fast one on him. Thankfully he completed the transaction quickly so I could get my embarrassed arse out of there.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's great. Sometimes I get nervous when people ask my name and I drop my maiden name as well.. who knows why!

    Thanks for linking up and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I've totally done that before. It's become easier to remember my last name now, but before...so not easy. It takes a while to get used to a new name, after 20-something years of having the old one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, I so understand that! I did not change my last name, but I often have to use my hubbys name with MDM in front here. So annoying. But sometimes I forget and use my last name and Mr in front for him! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My last name went from Schmidt to Smith. Talk about confusing people! It's a good think I didn't want to go the hyphenated name route because that would have been a mouthful!

    New follwer from That Just Happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been married for 6 years and sometimes still forget, it is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL that's a great story! i'm glad you had fun with your mom though!

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.