a traveling Wife: April Week Four Meals







April Week Four Meals

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I am so very excited to finish out this last week of April with a new meal each day.
Let's just hope that none of these meals fail me.

Because all of the meals are new, I do not have any lovely photos to show you the deliciousness.
Just use your imagination!!

recipe below
Next week I am going to be starting a fitness/lifestyle program. 
I can guarantee my meals will not be this elaborate. 

What are you eating this week?

--

Sausage and Spinach Stuffed Loaf

Ingredients:
- 1 small - medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- dusting of flour or corn meal
- 1 package Pillsbury artisan pizza crust (whole wheat)
- 1-2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white
- oregano to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- grated parmesan cheese to taste

Directions:
*best if cooked on a pizza stone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. *If using pizza stone, be sure to put the stone into the cold oven.
- In a medium pan sweat chopped onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pork sausage to the pan and cook until brown. 
- Remove from heat.
- On a cutting board or clean surface dust flour or corn meal so pizza dough does not stick.
- Unroll pizza dough onto cutting board or clean surface. Put sausage and onion mixture onto pizza dough down middle or slightly to one edge.
- Place spinach and mozzarella cheese on top of sausage mixture.
- Roll pizza dough into a log, or jelly loaf, pinching seams together.
- Roll dough seam side down. Top with egg white, garlic powder, oregano, and parmesan cheese.
- Make several slits in the top of the dough allowing steam to release.
- Transfer to pizza stone and cook 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've never heard of this dish before but I'm definitely pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still hungry! hahaha (breakfast time here!) but this looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.