a traveling Wife: Battle of the Boxes - Pt 5







Battle of the Boxes - Pt 5

Friday, July 5, 2013

I love doing this series and I hope you enjoy reading them. If you don't know that the Battle of the Boxes series is, then you should probably go here to catch up.

*Ad - MistoBox sent me a free box to review. No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

I am definitely not a morning person. For that matter, I am not a night person either. Hell, stay far away from me no matter what the time of day is. But I do love my coffee first thing in the morning. The smell and the warmth are definitely something that I look forward to in the morning along with brushing my teeth. So needless to say, I was pretty excited to receive MistoBox, which 'delivers the world's best coffee to your doorstep'.
I absolutely adore the attention to detail in the packaging and how it looks like a pretty little gift. Just watch their video to see how articulate whoa, big words they are when they box up your goodies.
MistoBox has two different subscription boxes to choose from both including 4 handpicked coffees - $15 for 4x 1.7 oz packets or $30 for 4x 3.4 oz packets. They say that the $15 box has about 15 cups of coffee in it and the $30 box has 30 cups of coffee. Just so you don't have to do the math, that is $1 a cup of coffee no matter which box you choose. Awesome.

Onto what I received. Like I said before, I love my coffee but I am not a huge fan of flavored coffee. But, MistoBox samples more than 50 different coffees to select only the best for you. That means, the coffee that I received has complex tasting notes and flavor profiles without being a flavored coffee.
I saved these coffees to enjoy on the weekend and let me tell you, I was looking forward to my Saturday morning cup of coffee. Each of the labels include the flavor profile and the tasting notes. The four I received are...
The Westbean Coffee Roasters - Apricot, Lemon Zest, Refined ($2.13 for 1.7 oz)
Anodyne Coffee Roasting Company - Currant, Honey, Creamy ($2 for 1.7 oz)
Caffe Ladro - Blood Orange, Dried Fruit, Complex ($2 for 1.7 oz)
Brown Coffee Company - Chocolate, Sweet, Balanced ($2.25 for 1.7 oz)
I really don't think I can even express how much I loved this box. Granted, the value of the box per ounce is not what you are paying, it is only costing you $1 per cup of coffee no matter which box you choose. Oh, and did I mention that you can get your first small box for $5 or your first large box for just $10? You don't even need a promotion code or anything.

My overall feelings about MistoBox is that I love it. The coffees are amazing and the packaging is fantastic. 'Nuff said!

Have you ever heard of MistoBox?

2 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I liked coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you grind your own beans? How did you brew it? Coffee press? Etc. I love coffee but I also love my coffee creams. Did any of the varieties really "speak" to you. I've been considering subscribing. Haven't done it yet because 1. I don't know that the value is there...where I like to flavor my coffee with cream..not drink flavored coffees. 2. I broke my French press so have been using keurig and I don't think misto comes in K cups. Thanks for any input.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.