a traveling Wife: How I Battle Cystic and Hormonal Acne







How I Battle Cystic and Hormonal Acne

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Teenage skin sucks. Do you want to know what sucks more? Teenage skin in your twenties. I am talking about cystic and hormonal acne. It's just painful and embarrassing.

I thought this teenage skin would go away on its own or with time. Clearly, that is not the case and despite my efforts with expensive products, I have not be able to clear it up. I've tried Proactive, Rodan & Fields, and prescription medication. All without any luck. I've experimented a bit with DIY products and drugstore products and finally found a combination that is successful for my skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The above two product. Oh.my.god. They rock my world currently! I have been using Neutrogena Naturals for some time now, but I used to use it with my Clarisonic. This combination really did nothing for me. In fact, I found that I had more breakouts along my jawline than ever before. Cue La Lune Naturals Konjac Sponge. I was extremely skeptical when La Lune Naturals asked me to review this product because I have used charcoal products in the past and they all dried my skin out to a raisin. But not this one.


How I Battle Cystic and Hormonal Acne

Every night I use a cleansing oil to remove all of my makeup. Then if I am not being lazy, I will follow up with the Neutrogena Naturals purifying facial cleanser and the damp Konjac Sponge. After my face is super-duper clean, I will moisturize with Eclos Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream. This cream has saved my life over, and over again. 

Now in the morning, I will repeat the last few steps that I follow in the evening - Neutrogena Naturals purifying facial cleanser and the damp Konjac Sponge. Then I moisturize with the Eclos cream.

The evening and morning routines are not enough to kick the cystic and hormonal acne to the curb. Several times a week I will use my DIY lemon, cinnamon, honey face mask and this does the trick. On the weeks that I become too lazy to follow this simple routine, I pay the price.

DIY Face Mask

*All skin types are different and this routine might not work for you.

*I received the serum from Tomoson for review. All opinions are my own. See disclaimer at bottom of page.*