a traveling Wife: Truth Behind The Blog - DIY Eye Makeup Remover







Truth Behind The Blog - DIY Eye Makeup Remover

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

One of my most popular posts is this DIY Eye Makeup Remover. With just three ingredients you already have in your home, you'll likely never run out and save loads of money. 
--

Way back in January 2013 I had just moved from California to Indiana. Moving is expensive and I decided to try my hand at taking everyday storebought items and make them right at home. Basically I was just working on my Martha Stewart skills.

This is when I realized my $18 Clinique eye makeup removing solvent could be made with just baby oil, baby shampoo, and water. HELLO, that was like a savings of $17 a month. And to make it even better, I reused the Clinique container because I was going through a phase of protecting the environment - mostly because Indiana doesn't have a very good recycling program.

Truth behind the blog, #truthbehindtheblog, #lifeofdiy

I quickly wanted to share this discovery with all my favorite people (you) and typed up a blog post. Since then, I continue to use this same DIY Eye Makeup Remover. It has removed even the hardest to remove waterproof mascara and is so gentle on my eyes. Long gone the days where I need to rub and rub my eyes to remove my makeup!


So why am I sharing this with you again? This year I am unlocking all of the secrets about this blog - better known as Truth Behind the Blog. Not all projects or recipes actually turn out and some projects just aren't relevant anymore. Join me in a stroll down memory lane this year to read the ins and outs of several projects. I'll share my thoughts behind the process and discuss the life of the diy project (#LifeofDIY).
Click to tweet: DIY Clinique makeup removing solvent - three ingredients. 
What type of everyday household items have you tried to DIY?
Do you use makeup removing solvent?