a traveling Wife: Action Movie Hero







Action Movie Hero

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

*Ad-Revolt Fitness is allowing me to participate in the program at no charge so long as I share weekly posts. All thoughts, opinions, and results are my own.*

I don't really have too much to share with you when it comes to Revolt Fitness. Honestly, the June Uprising was my least favorite so far. I did not like the workouts (tabata) and the meals weren't really that appetizing to me. For the most part, I did the exercises from the workouts that we were supposed to do but I just did them in circuits rather than tabatas. As for the meals, I kind of went back to some older meals that I really liked and subbed in my own meals. 

All of this still ended up working in my favor as I weighed in at 122lbs when I started the program, 10 weeks ago, at 127lbs. I have not checked my body fat percentage in awhile because I was getting discouraged when it was only changing by 0.1%. I will follow up at the end of the 12 weeks with photos, statistics, and my favorite meals and workouts.

Even though I am not sticking with the Revolt Fitness program 100%, I am still being active. If you recall, the month of June, A and I were going to try and bike 100 miles. We came awfully close but did not reach our goal. However, we did participate in a 5k adventure run over the weekend.

I am a sucker for a good mud, beer, or any other type of adventure race. Give me an obstacle and I am all about it. But if you ask me to run 5k dead straight, I would look at you like you have more than a few bats in the cave please tell me you have heard this saying.

Mean Streets Racing is an urban obstacle race held in several Midwestern states. The theme behind the race is action hero movies and they try to incorporate the most popular scenes into the obstacle portion of the race - scaling walls, jumping off buildings, climbing through dumpsters...

A was super thrilled about the race. Can't you tell?
This was the first and only race that I did not train by running. In fact, I actually didn't train at all besides doing some Revolt Fitness exercises. I will tell you that I was dying during and after the race. But we finished the race in under 40 minutes and I am happy about that.
I even have some battle scars from the obstacles. Some of them were super intense - slightly dangerous.
Have you ever heard of Mean Streets Racing?
What is your favorite action movie Hero?

1 comment:

  1. I love the after picture! Both you and A look so happy there! The hands looks painful though! :S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.