a traveling Wife: Truth Behind The Blog - Chai Protein Smoothie







Truth Behind The Blog - Chai Protein Smoothie

Friday, March 11, 2016

Make your own chai spice and add it to a sweet and spicy Chai Protein Smoothie. It's filling and will satisfy your sweet tooth with only 2 grams of sugar. 
--

The Truth Behind The Blog series is a more transparent view of previous posts. Here I share with you some behind-the-scenes secrets that weren't discussed during the time of the post. And today I want to talk about my Chai Protein Smoothie recipe. 

I originally posted this recipe in January 2015. I was working in an office job and constantly craving spicy and sweet drinks. The job was completely repetitive and mundane and I wanted anything but to be there. So I stocked my desk drawer with tons of tea as a way to escape reality. 


My favorite tea at the time was hot cinnamon sunset found at Target. I still drink this tea regularly - it's amazing!! The cinnamon spice reminded me how much I loved chai teas from Starbucks but those things are full of sugar. And since I was using the my work gym during lunch, I was looking for some additional protein post workout. 

This is really when the Chai Protein Smoothie was born. I raided my pantry for all the spices need for a delicious chai and stored them in an air tight container. This way I would have the ingredients on hand for when I need a pick-me-up or just post workout drink.



You guys, this smoothie tastes like ice cream and is so, so tasty. Per the original recipe, I used Market Pantry® Vanilla Whey Protein Powder from Target. This is still my protein powder of choice after trying dozens of other options. A year ago, this protein powder contained 6 grams of sugar, but they have since altered the recipe and it only contains 2 grams of sugar. This makes the Chai Protein Smoothie essentially guilt free. 
Click to tweet: Sweet and spicy Chai Protein Smoothie that is guilt free.
Be sure to check out the original Chai Protein Smoothie post for the full recipe.



What's your favorite protein powder?
Do you like the spices of chai?
Are you a sweet, spicy, or sweet and spicy lover?