a traveling Wife: Five Activities to Avoid Being an Adult







Five Activities to Avoid Being an Adult

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FueltheLove #CollectiveBias

I was thinking the other day how hard it is to be an adult. All of the responsibilities that come along with growing up made me want to be a kid again. I may act like a kid at times but for some reason the responsibilities do not go away. I could totally do without the responsibility of paying back my student debt, the chores that come along with homeownership, finding a job, attending events even though I don't want to, maintenance of a car, and the list goes on. So here is a list of other activities you could do besides be an adult.
Walmart, #FueltheLove, ad
(one) Go to the park. Take a leisurely stroll or ride your bike. Heck, whip out those roller blades from the 90's and don't forget your manners, "On your left!". The park is a perfect location to forget all about your responsibilities. The fresh air can help clear your mind and vitamin D is so, so good for you - in moderation.

(two) Explore your town and participate in a fun local activity. Because you are trying to avoid being an adult, think of free or inexpensive activities. A and I just went strawberry picking this past weekend. We acted like kids and it was so fun to get our hands dirty without thinking about all the laundry that needed to be done. 
Walmart, #FueltheLove, ad
(three) Binge watch Netflix. This is one of my favorite ways to avoid being an adult. I have recently started watching Parenthood and because there is 5 seasons, I can binge away for days. What should I watch after Parenthood, besides OITNB this week?

(four) Workout. Now I know what you are thinking. Adults are so concerned with being fit, but if you ask me, working out helps me clear my mind. Running, yoga, HIIT, cross fit - they all challenge you to use your energy and focus it towards the task at hand, rather than thinking about that dinner that has to be made or the oil that needs to be changed on your vehicle. 


(five) Read a book. There is something so exciting and riveting about getting lost in someone else's thoughts or lives. It makes us forget about our responsibilities and allows us to just wander. I'm in the market for some new reads, any recommendations? 
Walmart, #FueltheLove, ad
--
Now that you've spent several hours/days avoiding being an adult, those responsibilities won't take care of themselves. So I took the liberty to make you a list on how to make those adult duties a little bit easier - How to deal with adult chores;

(one) Have fun while doing it. Got loads of laundry to tackle? Ask your spouse or kids to help. Ball up a sock and chuck it at your helper and turn folding laundry into a bit of a dodgeball game. If you are laughing, the work can't be all that bad.

(two) Use moderation. Take care of a hard chore first then treat yourself with something from the above list. Treat yo'self! 

(three) Make a to-do list. Then you can visually see what chores need to be handled (pressure wash the exterior, pay bills, car maintenance, doctors appointment, etc). Once you accomplish one or more of thoses responsibilities, you have the luxury of visually seeing the results by crossing it off the list. Try using an app like Any-Do or Wunderlist. 

(four) Multitask. There are a few tasks that will allow you to multitask them together - going to the doctors is not one of them. Did you know that you can change the oil on your car all while shopping? Shopping in the same building? For items like groceries? It's true. 

A is typically my mechanic for both vehicles, but it's summertime and ain't nobody got time for that. After learning about Walmart's Automatic Care Center we decided it was a perfect time to take care of some car maintenance and grocery shopping. 
Walmart, #FueltheLove, ad
Our baby has well over 100k miles on it going from California, Indiana, Michigan, and Maryland. We treated the Jeep to Pennzoil's high mileage oil and crossed off our grocery list. Two tasks completed in one trip and we were on our way to enjoy the remainder of the weekend. 

Does your Walmart have an Automative Care Center? How do you go about taking care of your adult responsibilities?


Walmart, #FueltheLove, ad
From June 10th - September 9th, Pennzoil oil changes will be on Rollback at Walmart Automotive Care Center stores. 
  • High Mileage $35.88, compared to the regular Walmart price of $39.88. {Industry standard price is $46}

  • Platinum Full Synthetic $45.88, compared to the regular Walmart price of $49.88. {Industry standard price $66}

4 comments:

  1. Wow your Walmart automotive looks just like ours! I guess that's not so weird, it just struck me as I looked at the picture. Good to know about the rollback. My hubby's car in about due (mine still gets the freebies from Honda :-) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Maryland! I think that is the beauty of Walmart - the familiarity with the stores and their products. Hopefully you can 'cash' in on the rollback!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Our Walmart has an Automotive Care Center, and I head over there whenever I need any car work done. And as far as adult responsibilities? I try to get them done as quickly as possible so I can go back to being a kid again! Thanks for sharing! #client

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to get all tasks or responsibilities done quick so you can get on your way to having fun. It's better than putting them last on your list. :)

      Delete

Thank you for all of your support. I appreciate you for taking the time to read my content and leaving comments or feedback.